...where Loyalty, Honor, and Spirit are the way of life for Wolverines past, present, and future. We are working diligently to complete all of our web pages as soon as possible. Please come back and visit to see updated website after construction is complete. If you have any comments, suggestions, or ideas, please feel free to email our LHS Web Instructor.
Welcome to the Lawton High School, Home of Champions, web site. Home of Champions was a title bestowed on LHS by the Oklahoma State Legislature in 1962. LHS won all five of the major sports State Championship titles that year. It is a title that we are proud of and continue to build upon today, not only athletically but academically as well.
We are a large high school with a state enrollment number ranging from 1,800 to 2,000 students in any given year. Despite our size, we go to great lengths to know our students individually. We utilize and build upon our unique diversities and experiences to allow all students an array of opportunities to explore and participate in various activities at LHS.
- LPS BOND MEETINGS!
- LPS Foundation Fundraiser
- LHS Basketball Etiquette
- Poerty Out Loud
- LHS School Profile 2015-2016
- NEW LAW - Texting & Driving
- Remind for LHS Students
- LPS Athletics Information
- Oklahoma Promise (Go To College!)
- LHS Dress Code (Enforced)
- Wolverine News -The Official student news site of LHS
- SCORE Newsletter
- CU Dance and Cheer Tryouts
- AXA Achievement
- CCOSA Annual Sr. Scholarship
- Coca Cola Scholars
- Dave Ramsey’s $55,000 Financial Literacy Challenge
- Evelyn Joyce Davis Scholarship
- FSFCU Scholarship
- Goodwill Scholarship
- Jack Kent Cooke
- LAESP Scholarship
- Langston University
- Lawton Community Foundation
- LHS General Scholarship Listing
- LPTAC Neuwirth Conway Brisolara Scholarship
- NABSTMC Scholarship
- OCCF Scholarship
- Prudential Spirit Scholarship
- Psi Upsilon Scholarship
- Ron Brown Scholarship
- Sergeants Major Association
2nd Semester Testing Schedule
May 24th, 2016- Seniors only will test
1st, 3rd, 5th & 7th hours
May 25th –ALL GRADES 2nd 4th, & 6th hours
May 26th – 9th, 10th, & 11th grades
1st, 3rd, 5th & 7th hours
LHS is Nationally Recognized
In the U.S. Education article found at http://www.usnews.com/education/best-high-schools/oklahoma LHS was recognized as a top school in the nation. As a result of the numbers of Advanced Placement (AP) students who have taken and passed the AP tests, LHS was named as a bronze medal school.
Cameron University is hosting there first high school summer academy in Aerospace Engineering and Applied Mathematics this summer.